Nominations are currently being accepted. The deadline for nominations is August 1, 2022. The nominee must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for consideration as an inductee into the Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame.
- Must have been born in Indiana
- Entered military service from Indiana
- Lived in Indiana for a minimum of five years
- Received an honorable discharge from U.S. military service
- Have no felony convictions
To nominate a veteran for the Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame:
Click here to download the Nomination Package Criteria and Guidelines 2022.
There are three categories for to consider when nominating a veteran for consideration.
- Combat Valor – For the military accomplishments of a veteran who served in an area of operations under combat conditions.
- Veteran Advocacy – For those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, received an Honorable Discharge and contributed exceptionally to the community, state and/or nation in the interest of veterans.
- Community Support – For those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, received an Honorable Discharge and contributed exceptionally to the community, state and/or nation not necessarily in the interest of veterans.
To obtain military records by mail:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
To obtain military records online: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records